The Fully Electric Chesil E
For those wanting to embrace modern technology in a retro style Speedster
The Electric Chesil E has been developed from the ground up using a new bespoke fully independent spaceframe chassis. Powered by a 120kW AC motor that gives 0 to 60mph in 4.9 seconds and a 200 mile range on the standard battery pack. There are a host of upgrades and options for your Electric Chesil E including an additional battery pack to boost range to 300 miles.
As an industry first, the Chesil E is the only fully electrical car available for home assembly.
The powerful 120kW AC motor enables the Chesil E to reach 0 to 60 in just 4.9 seconds.
The Chesil Motor Company proudly holds the position of being the leading Speedster replica manufacturer.
200 miles on standard battery pack
300 miles on additional battery packs (optional upgrade)
0 to 60 mph in 4.9 sec
- Modular battery packs made of 8 industry standard lithium-ion battery modules.
- Each car can take 2 or 3 interchangeable battery packs to offer a series of capacities and vehicle range.
- 350 Volt nominal, 420 Volt peak.
- Each pack weighs 120 kg.
- Designed to meet ECE R100 version 2.
- Fully integrated BMS to control all aspects of battery safety during usage and charging.
Motor and Controller:
- AC permanent magnet synchronous motor with matched inverter.
- Produces up to 120kW (160bhp).
- Produces up to 315Nm (230lbft) of torque.
- Operates up to 420 Volt.
- Maximum motor efficiency of 95%.
- 12,000 rpm maximum.
- Water cooled system.
- 7kW water cooled onboard charger with integrated 12v 1.5kW DC/DC.
- Industry standard type 2 charge port.
- Charge time of 5 hours for the 44kWh battery from 20% charge to full using a standard 7kW wall box.
- Vehicle comes with a Chesil mobile charger that allows you to charge at 3kW from any household socket.
- Original gauges are driven by the ev powertrain inputs to keep the classic look whilst detailed ev powertrain data can be reviewed on a flip down touch screen display.
- Selectable driving modes for eco running, slippery conditions, one pedal driving and performance modes. Matching regen braking, throttle pedal response and torque delivery to the customers driving conditions or desire.
- Bespoke fully triangulated CAD designed steel space frame chassis with aluminium floor.
- Front and rear unequal length adjustable wishbones and coil over adjustable dampers.
- Rack and pinion steering with front and rear disc brakes.
- Limited slip differential fitted as standard.
Hand painted, hand laid GRP body shell with integral steel box frame sub chassis.
Customer support is a priority in Chesil’s complete service.
From initial advice to after sales back up, you can be sure of the support required to become, and remain, a satisfied customer.
The Chesil Motor Company proudly holds the position of being the leading Speedster replica manufacturer, whilst the Chesil Speedster has been described as ‘a leader in its class and a proud standard bearer for the UK kit industry as a whole’. The Chesil has full IVA compliance.